A tremendously new and exciting source of fine gem quality North American diamonds was first discovered in 1991 in the far reaches of Canadas Arctic North. Pioneering geologists Charles Chuck Fipke and Stewart Blusson are credited as the first to discover this vast resource. They were followed by other geologists including Eira Thomas, the first woman to own and wear diamonds from her own discovery!
By the fall of 1998, the first mine, the Ekati, (an aboriginal name meaning
fat lake) officially opened thus prompting a Diamond Rush
of historic proportions. In ten short years the Northwest Territories of Canada
has become the 3rd largest producer of fine diamonds in the world! This is
truly remarkable as dealing with unique harsh weather conditions hinders
progress, and protecting the remote and fragile Arctic environment is a time
consuming and high priority endeavor.
Why should you consider owning a Canadian Arctic Diamond?
- Each Canadian and CanadaMark diamond is uniquely tracked from the mine through the refining facility to the consumer. This assures you that the diamond you are purchasing is genuine, untreated and free from the concerns of any illicit source that may fund illegal activities and terrorism.
- The extraordinarily well formed, uncut rough diamond crystals found in the pristine Arctic North have proven to yield finished diamonds of superior quality.
- World renowned cutters fashion these rough crystals into exceptional diamonds ranking them among the finest cut in the world.
- Canadian and CanadaMark diamonds carry a Certificate of Authenticity guaranteeing their country of origin.
Canadian Arctic diamonds bring you so much more yet are comparably and competitively priced to other branded diamonds sold elsewhere.
When you purchase one of these beautiful Canadian Diamonds from Earth Treasures, you receive the following certificates and guarantees:
- A Certificate of Authenticity guaranteeing its country of origin and quality.
- An ID number microscopically inscribed with a laser on the girdle of the diamond corresponding to the Certificate of Authenticity.
- A grading report from a major world-recognized and respected independent gemological laboratory, GIA, IGI or AGS.
- This triple guarantee assures you that your Canadian diamond has passed strict guidelines for exacting cut, proportions, fine quality, and authenticity.